PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

40 days of birthday ideas, day 1

so, i'm starting a little series here on my blog that i am calling "40 days of birthday ideas". in an effort to lessen the gloom that befalls me every year around this time...IBD...impending birthday doom. i coined that phrase, if you suffer from this affliction as well, feel free to take that and use it as your own. i hate that i feel this way...i hate that any of us do! a birthday is supposed to be a celebration of your LIFE! but IBD is more common than you think. i've found, when you start bitching about your upcoming birthday, you'll be suprised how many folks chime right in with tales of woe about how they are dissapointed every year, how the day they build up in their head never lives up to their expectations, how all their boyfriend got them was a swiffer wet jet and so on...

i find that most cases of birthday doom are caused by having such high hopes...and why shouldn't you?? it's your BIRTHDAY! the one day of the year where you should be treated like a pink, sparkly, candy coated princess for crying out loud, right? i tend to make things up in my head and expect the people who love me to read my mind because naturally, if they LOVE me, they should know me well enough to know how to make my day everything i could hope to want and more without me ever uttering so much as a cryptic hint, right?

yeah. needless to say, it never quite works out that way.

i usually spend roughly the better part of july and then 3 weeks in august moping around, already being pissed off that nobody is going to treat me special enough or buy me fabulous things that they should have just telepathically KNOWN i wanted... wow. with that attitude, no wonder! i'm a whiny pain in the ass.....but i made an amazon wishlist...i mean, i'm making it easy! ;) and the truth is, really, if at the very least, i get to float in my pool and have some fudgie the whale cake, i am mostly content....but if you really want to WOW me....i present to you...

40 days of birthday ideas!!!

starting today, there are 40 shopping days left, folks, and i have rounded up some glorious little picks that would delight me to no end, but also might be great ideas for the whiny pain in the ass in your own life who is suffering from a bad case of IBD. IBD hurts, peeps....prezzies can help!!

gift idea numero uno is something i have been dying for for quite some time....




i'd love to start doing some editing to my pictures, using actions etc. and frankly, all that fancy stuff just isn't compatible with MS paint (lame).

so there it is....the first installment...go forth and shop....

xoxo


Photobucket

2 comments:

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

I have elements and I love it, it is very worth the money and it's half the price of Photoshop.

Raven said...

I have elements too and I love it. I used to work at my dads publishing company and when I quit working and had my own apple computer, I wanted photoshop on my computer, obviously, but didnt want to pay the $600+ for it, so I got elements and it has been FANTASTIC so far. SO worth it.